Thursday, August 12, 2010

Caution: Life is About to Be Interesting

So as my first blog, this is going to be a freak out blog. if you don't know me, I actually tend to have these moments in my life where i put things off and then all of the sudden they need to be done and oh boy do they need to be done. things like homework, studying, working out, and worst of all... drum roll please... packing. oh boy do i hate packing. almost as much as i hate doing laundry, which in a way is the same as packing because mostly it is the separating of clothes and folding them. yuck, folding clothes, makes me shiver. The thing with these freakouts is that i mostly will keep to myself and bottle it up until i am just ready to expload about the matter. i really don't want to do that right now because that would just start off this whole experiance i am about to embark on.

Now you may be wondering why i am packing. in fact, i am leaving on the 23rd of august for a semester abroad on the Bluffton University Norther Ireland program(http://www.bluffton.edu/xcultural/nireland/). It has been a goal of mine to study in another country, actually it is more of a wanting to live in another country. so now as i sit in my living room watching my parents TV show as they both sleep in their respective spots on the lazy boy and sofa, i am starting to freak out as i realize, oh boy, i am about to say it, i only have a week and 4 days until i leave!!!!! oh man, all i got right now is the dog to try and stir up and freak out with and even she is sleeping on the couch which is why i am on the floor.

For me, the future is actually a really scary thing to think about. i don't even like thinking about tomorrow as much as thinking about next week, or the months i will be in Ireland, or my last two years at Bluffton or what i am going to do after school. usually i just think far enough ahead to my next race. and since i am not doing cross country this fall due to being thousands of miles away in Ireland, i have been looking for new things to look ahead to. The crazy thing is all i can think about is how i need to pack so i can repack and pack again to make sure i have everything. i have lists of answers and have gotten so much advice from people who have been on the "experience" and all i can think about is questions i still have, but when i go to try and write them down nothing comes out.

So i guess what i am trying to say is that i am both excited for what is certainly going to be the most memorable and interesting experience in my life, and am most definitely scared because it is venturing into the unknown. But I need this. i need adventure and i want to experience life, especially because this has been one of my goals for a long time. I am excited and i can't wait to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment