Monday, August 16, 2010

Reality is Hitting

Holy cow, after 2 days of intense "YOU NEED TO GET THINGS DONE" from my parents, i believe that my suitcase is officially packed. the contents of which include the following:

4 wool sweaters (recently purchased at the Salvation Army!! Chyea)
3 dress shirts (never know when you need to look classy)
slacks and "trousers" (in Ireland pants are what your refer to if you are talking about underwear)
15 t-shirts
2 pair of khaki shorts
3 pair of workout shorts (gotta stay in shape for track in the spring/plus maybe a marathon in Dublin?)
lots of socks
bible
toiletries
shoes 2 pair
man i feel like i am even forgetting stuff in this blog, even more than i feel like i am forgetting in real life.

The official weight( i before e except after c, and when its "eh" as in neighbor and weigh. my dad just taught me that second part.) of my suitcase is 49 pounds. they are only allowed to be under 50 pounds so i am in the clear on that one. so everything else must go in the two backpacks i am taking as carryons. including another pair of shoes, some clothes and other random objects that are necessary for me to be able to function for the 4 months "across the pond". alright so maybe i just wanted to say that.

as of right now, in one week i will more than likely still be on a plain over the atlantic ocean heading to me knew home for 4 months in Northern Ireland. SO EXCITED!!! saturday is my last day of work, sunday i leave for ohio to stay overnight at my girlfriends house because she lives close to school and i want to spend time with her family before i leave. and finally, on monday afternoon it is off to Bluffton to attend the sending ceremony at the Peace Thrones. then from there it is off the Dayton to Fly away. I can't wait!!

3 comments:

  1. I shall certainly keep tabs on this throughout the year. To do this, I am going to put a link to this blog on my blog, if you don't mind.

    Have an awesome time in Northern Ireland! Your welcome back to the Lodge shall be much anticipated sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "i after a, except when you're talking about an airPLANE." :-)Just had to throw that in there/their/they're. See you in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if only you wern't my boss... meanie

    ReplyDelete