Thursday, September 9, 2010

Long Runs with Baked Potatoes

What is the best way for someone to explore and find out where everything is in a new place? Definitely just to go out running. Weather.com said that it was suppose to be 70% chance of rain all week, everyday, every hour, every minute, so naturally been sunny with a high of about 75 everyday with the exception of one.(and it really did rain all day that day...) that weather come to be about the best running weather you can find, so instead of going to the gym and "working out" with Josh the last couple of days i went exploring on my runs. naturally i got lost on the "Waterside" of town(mostly protestant area) and what went from being an easy 4-5 mile run through neighborhoods became a desperate 8-9 mile run to try and find the bridge that would take me back across the river to the "City Side"(mostly catholic and where I am living). But as I said before, the cool thing is that I now know where everything is!! somewhat...sorta... alright so I probably couldn't find it again if I tried. So to solve that problem I went for another long run over the waterside and once again got lost on a 8-9 mile run. whoops.

I have used tactic of getting lost on runs before to learn a new place when i got there, and that place was Bluffton! I feel like since Derry is much bigger than Bluffton it could take a few more runs and miles to get the hang of this place...

Also last night we had the whole group over for Baked Potato Night at our house. Tons of fun ensued, especially with the fact that Josh and I were in charge of making the potatoes and neither of us had a clue what to do, but it turned out ok. we all ate and chatted and then played some cards.(Uno, Spoons, and Phase Ten) It was a good time and also a good way for all of us to check in on each other outside of class.

That's all for now, gotta go to my Northern Ireland Politics class(the most boring of our classes... gotta try and stay awake!) But I promise I will have pictures of Derry up on here on my next blog. maybe I should take my camera out with me on a run just like in the movie Yes Man!

1 comment:

  1. Have you checked out Lawrence Hill? If you ever need a workout while running (or even walking), Lawrence Hill is the one! It runs between Crawford Square and Magee College from Northland Road down to Strand Road.

    ReplyDelete