Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Official

I have officially registered for the Dublin Marathon on October the 25, 2010. I have done two marathons before and anyone who knows me know that I am always looking for endurance sports events to do and this one just kind of plopped right into my lap. that week in october is our "paper writing week". which really means that it is time for us to all finish up our paper for our classes without having any classes and then turn them in but if you have all your papers done before then, well then you can do anything you want. like run a marathon or something like that haha.

the past few days we have really started to get into a routine in life here in Derry. we roll out of bed(depending what day it is and when class is. classroom building is in picture.) go to class or work out or vice versa, then take a trip if need be to the super market to get groceries, then relax the afternoon away while working on some research for class as well as watching our new favorite british game shows on tv. then it is off to making dinner(actually one of my favorite times of day) and eating and then in the evening it depends on what we are feeling like. we may watch a movie, go out to a pub with some of the other people or play games with our host brother.
Also we have started to take our Irish dance and tin whistle classes. It is pretty funny to see how uncoordinated some of the people in the group are or how frustrated they get because of a little flute like instrument, but I shouldn't be talking because i am sure they are saying the same things about me too. it has been a while since I last played an instrument. oh I would say about 7 years or so. and I really have never danced either... I can't wait until we have to perform our dancing and whistling in front of the Mayor of Derry in October!! so much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment